At RMC’s Cancer Resource Center, we believe that knowledge is power and that comfort is essential. Those two beliefs define our mission, which is:
- To provide cancer patients, families, friends and the community with access to the latest health and disease information to help individuals proactively participate in their own health care
- To empower cancer patients and their families with what they need to know to best collaborate with their health care providers
- To offer a quiet, comfortable, family-focused environment to relax and learn
Located in the Physician’s Office Building, Suite 406, the Cancer Resource Center is designed to provide onsite and immediate information, education, support and hospitality to people going through difficult times. Our highly trained health care professionals are available to answer questions about cancer and disease management.
Specific services include:
- Educational materials on cancer prevention, screening, diagnosis and treatment through books, computer access and clinical trial data
- Business center services
- The Boutique store designed specifically for people undergoing cancer treatment
- Games, puzzles, stationery and other stress relief activities for children and families
- Availability of family meeting space
- Information about the Anniston area
The Cancer Resource Center is open 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
For more information, contact Wendy Watson, RN, OCN, Oncology Research Nurse at (256) 235-5084.